Phase 1 - Basic game features
- New architecture, code improvements and optimizations. [WIP - While all the other items are done]
- Implement non-player characters entity. [DONE]
- Implement collision between players. [DONE]
- Implement enemies entity. [DONE]
- Implement attacks (including short and long distance, like punch and bullets). [DONE]
- Implement items system. [DONE]
- Implement equipment system (equip will be an specific item type). [DONE]
- Implement path finder, this will allow: the controllers
configuration options (show/hide and actions) since we won't be limiting
the use of the app in devices with keyboard, and mainly to create
"area"/"agro" enemies. [DONE]
- Re-implement Facebook and Google login. [DONE]
- Implement classes and sub-classes with class path relation (configurable). [DONE]
- Publish on Patreon check ads implementation. [DONE]
- Make damage configurable to be displayed on the sprites that were hit.
- Include instructions UI (button and boxed modal with inside-scroll).
- Fix update SQL script to disable / enable FOREING KEYS. [DONE]
- Implement class selector on registration.
- Include level up animation.
- Improve Battle system rewards.
- Standardize events, make a single require of the EventsManager class.
- Change the EventsManager to use the emitSync.
- Create agro-enemies.
- Make players names configurable to be visible on every player.
- Make player set the direction to the target when cast a skill.
- Add admin help commands to manage the server while playing.
- Create a chat configuration to specify which system messages can be displayed.
- Add scenes music and environmental sound.
- Implement player selection.
- Create server administration system (the platform back-end to generate all the contents for the game).
- Implement users permissions system.
- Implement Teams and Clan system.
- Allow partial collision blocks.
- Implement group body blocks.
- Update Phaser to last version.
- Update Colyseus to last version.
- Fix any pending issues.
- Implement and run tests and get base app benchmarks.
All these items can be tracked in the GitHub project.
Phase 2 - First game and site
Reldens - Site release! [DONE]
- Work on documentation. [CONTINUE PROGRESS]
- Code examples.
- Create our own graphics set free forever for anyone to use.
- Analyze and improve performance.
First game implementation!
- Classic 2D MMORPG, with some story line (surprise! 😄).
- Starting in town where you will be able to shop items and recover.
- World map and outside areas for monster hunting and items collection.
Phase 3 - Platform improvements and optimizations
- Move to TS.
- Create features in order to make the platform available only for non-developers to use it.
- Implement "Quests" system at admin level. [For now: quests can be easily done by adding conditions on NPCs or Objects, check the documentation]
- Create a new skill type to work using direction and area hit without require a target.
- Implementing client side prediction, server reconciliation and interpolation for lag compensation.
- Implement group body blocks.
- Implement different bundlers (Parcel, evanw/esbuild).
- Implement different storage drivers (Objection JS, Mikro ORM).
- Research and package as Native app.
Phase 4 - Future of the project
To be analyzed... but for sure this will continue, a project like this is far from have a static path to follow, these are more like a guideline to keep track but we will continue improve it!