Phase 1 - Basic game features and site release
Reldens - Site release! [DONE]
- New architecture, code improvements and optimizations. [DONE]
- Implement non-player characters entity. [DONE]
- Implement collision between players. [DONE]
- Implement enemies entity. [DONE]
- Implement attacks (including short and long distance, like punch and bullets). [DONE]
- Implement items system. [DONE]
- Implement equipment system (equip will be an specific item type). [DONE]
- Implement path finder, this will allow: the controllers
configuration options (show/hide and actions) since we won't be limiting
the use of the app in devices with keyboard, and mainly to create
"area"/"agro" enemies. [DONE]
- Re-implement Facebook and Google login. [DONE]
- Implement classes and sub-classes with class path relation (configurable). [DONE]
- Publish on Patreon check ads implementation. [DONE]
- Make damage configurable to be displayed on the sprites that were hit. [DONE]
- Include instructions UI (button and boxed modal with inside-scroll). [DONE]
- Fix update SQL script to disable / enable FOREING KEYS. [DONE]
- Implement class selector on registration. [DONE]
- Include level up animation. [DONE]
- Standardize events, make a single require of the EventsManager class. [DONE]
- Change the EventsManager to use the emitSync. [DONE]
- Create agro-enemies. [DONE]
- Make players names configurable to be visible on every player. [DONE]
- Make player set the direction to the target when cast a skill. [DONE]
- Add scenes music and environmental sound. [DONE]
- Implement player selection. [DONE]
- Create server administration system (the platform back-end to generate all the contents for the game). [DONE]
- Implement Store system with buy, sell, trade between players and players with NPCs. [DONE]
- Improve Battle system rewards. [DONE]
- Implement Teams and Clan system. [DONE]
- Implement group body blocks. [DONE]
- Create a chat configuration to specify which system messages can be displayed. [DONE]
- Update Phaser to last version. [DONE]
- Update Colyseus to last version. [DONE]
- Implementing client side prediction, server reconciliation and interpolation for lag compensation. [DONE, EXPERIMENTAL]
- Implement different storage drivers (Objection JS, Mikro ORM). [DONE]
All these items can be tracked in the GitHub project.
Phase 2 - First game and improvements
- First project implementation, classic 2D MMORPG (surprise! 😄). [WIP, WAT? YEAH!]
- Work on documentation and include more code examples. [CONTINUE PROGRESS]
- Implement "Quests" system at admin level. [WIP]
- Create our own graphics set free forever for anyone to use. [WIP]
- Implement new features like mining, fishing, crafting, farming, etc.
- Create a new skill type to work using direction and area hit without require a target.
- Analyze and improve performance
- Implement and run tests and get base app benchmarks.
- Allow partial collision blocks.
- Implement users permissions system.
- Add admin help commands to manage the server while playing.
- Fix all the pending issues and refactor.
- Move to TS or ESM with JSDocs.
- Create features in order to make the platform available only for non-developers to use it.
- All modules must have hot-plug.
- Research and package the client as native app.
- Extract Client and Server side features into drivers so we can replace any of the existen platforms (Phaser and Colyseus). [WIP]
First game implementation! Zephyros Online! [WIP]
- Classic 2D MMORPG, with some story line (surprise! 😄).
- Starting in town where you will be able to shop items and recover.
- World map and outside areas for monster hunting and items collection.
Phase 3 - Future of the project
To be analyzed... but for sure this will continue, a project like this is far from have a static path to follow, these are more like a guideline to keep track but we will continue improve it!